02 September 2006

Avahtini's

Earlier this week as I was hosting Jefferson and Mitzi down at the shore, I told them about one of my favorite "martini's" but that it didn't have a name, and was more of my own creation.

"So, like Avahtini?" Jefferson suggested.

Well I just loved that!

So here for you is my receipe!

Avahtini's
1 oz. Vodka (I like Greygoose)
1 oz. Passoa' or Malibu Passion Fruit Rum
2 oz. Orange Juice
2 oz. Pineapple Juice

Mix it up in a martini shaker, pour into glass, and add a dash of grenadine for color!

If you don't have or want to get the Passion Fruit rum, you can always double the amount of vodka, and just use a splash of juice for the taste.

Also, a non-alcoholic version, which I also enjoy is to fill a glass with ice about 2/3 or a little less with orange juice, add passion fruit juice and pineapple juice as your taste prefers, then add a splash of seltzer or sprite for a little bubbly. Adding some grenadine to this is also fun and pretty! Stir it up and you're good to go!

You'll definately feel like you're at the beach when sipping either of these drinks!


No comments: